PhillyCHI June 2010
Speaker: Mark Trammell
What Can Carl Sagan Teach Us About the Web?
2010 is the 30th anniversary of Carl Sagan’s “Cosmos: A Personal Voyage.” Not only is his explanation of our universe relevant today, it can teach us a great deal about how to create better websites.
* What can Carl Sagan teach us about the Web?
* What can constellations tell us about Web analytics?
* What does man’s ancestry tell us about people choosing to interact via the Web?
* How does the evolution of the human brain affect a site’s brand?
* What can we learn from Heike crabs about how our users influence our designs?
* What does the deciphering of the rosetta stone tell us about people new to a website?
* How can the search for extraterrestrial life help us understand our users?
* How can the mating patterns of whales be used to help searchers?
* What parallels can be drawn between viruses and information architecture?
* What can the evolution of our solar system tell us about the future of our websites?