It’s that time of year again — election time! PhillyCHI has grown significantly in the past few years in meeting attendance and membership. We are looking for officers and volunteers to lead PhillyCHI through 2010. Being an officer of PhillyCHI is rewarding as it allows you the opportunity to foster greater communication and interaction of the UX community in Philadelphia while increasing your visibility to the community at large.
If you are interested or know someone who would do a great job and may want to get involved, we want to hear from you. Help us keep up our great momentum. Nominate yourself or someone you know.
All officer positions are up for election.
- the principal officer responsible for leading and setting the direction of PhillyCHI
- manages activities in accordance with the policies and procedures of the ACM and its bylaws
- presides at all meetings of the Chapter
- presides at meetings in the absence of the Chair
- assists the Chair in management of the Chapter
- performs other duties that may be assigned by the Chair
- maintains records of Chapters activities and communications
- responsible for all print and electronic communication of Chapter meetings and announcements
- assists in coordination of meetings and events at direction of Chair or Vice Chair
- manages and maintains PhillyCHI website, LinkedIN group, email list, members list, etc.
- performs other duties as assigned by the Chair or Vice Chair
- prepares and submits the annual report to the ACM
- collects all dues, sponsorship fees, pays bills and maintains Chapter’s overall financial records
- completes and submit the Annual Financial Report to ACM Headquarters
- perform other duties as assigned by the Chair or Vice Chair
Note: To hold an officer position, you must be an ACM SIGCHI member; however, membership is not needed until the start of the 2010 term. All new officers will have the full support of retiring officers throughout the upcoming year.
How to Nominate
To nominate yourself or someone you know, send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Nov. 13th.
Reason for nomination:
If you can’t run for office, there are many ways to volunteer for 2010. Please contact us at email@example.com if you’re interested in any of the following:
Giving a talk or lecture, or organizing a group exercise.
Helping us find locations for upcoming meetings and happy hours.
Purchasing refreshments for our meetings and setting them up (our treasurer will reimburse you).
Greeting people at events and/or taking attendance.
Helping maintain and improve the PhillyCHI website.
Taping, editing, and posting event videos.
Planning and coordinating monthly happy hours.
We look forward to 2010 and your help in keeping our great momentum!