We know you miss us. And we miss you too.
Greetings, PhillyCHI members!
As we’ve mentioned at our most recent meetings, this year’s PhillyCHI officers decided to take a summer break. But, rest assured, we’ve been working hard behind the scenes to plan exciting events for this Fall. It’s important to us that you feel informed about what’s in the pipeline so below is a list of what’s coming.
Save these dates!
- PhillyCHI & UX Book Club present Victor Lombardi: “Why We Fail: Learning from Experience Design Failures” (slated for September 10th or 12th)
- “Defining UX” – PhillyCHI moderates a panel of local user experience professionals from a variety of disciplines to help shed some light on this ambiguous term (slated for September 24th, 25th, or 26th) (Sponsored by Archer Group)
- PhillyCHI & UX Book Club present Kel Smith: “Digital Outcasts” (October 9th at First Round Capital)
- Open Studio / UX Show & Tell at Think Brownstone (October 22nd, 23rd or 24th) (We’ll be doing a call for entries right after Labor Day)
- World Usability Day (Healthcare: Collaborating for Better Systems) – PhillyCHI presents a panel of healthcare/medical HCI/UX experts who will share how they’re helping to shape healthcare systems (November 14th) (Sponsored by Digitas Health)
- PhillyCHI Annual Holiday Social – Date and Location TBD
We hope you find this helpful, and that you are looking forward to what are going to be awesome events!
(BIG NOTE: PhillyCHI is in need of sponsorship and space for a couple of our events. If anyone out there is interested or knows someone that would be interested in sponsoring or hosting, please e-mail us at email@example.com.)
PhillyCHI is the Philadelphia region’s chapter of the ACM SIGCHI, an interdisciplinary academic and professional group interested in Human-Computer Interaction, User Experience, Usability, and other related disciplines. PhillyCHI holds monthly meetings and socials to network and discuss current topics in HCI. Learn more at phillychi.acm.org or follow along on Twitter at @PhillyCHI.