Please join Philadelphia Metro Chapter of STC, PhillyCHI, Delaware Valley UxPA, and UX Book Club Philadelphia for a family-friendly affair (children and significant others are more than welcome). We’ve reserved a pavilion at Ridley Creek State Park in Newtown Square, PA. The hosting organizations will provide the basics. Guests are asked to bring a favorite casserole, side dish, or dessert. There will be face painting and animal balloons and other games for kids. This event is free and open to the public. So please join us!
* Please register to help us plan. *
Date: Sunday, August 12, 2012 (rain or shine)
Time: 1:00PM – 4:00PM
Ridley Creek State Park, Pavilion 3
351 Gradyville Road
Newtown Square, PA 19073-2803
Google Map: http://tinyurl.com/28f5u2c
More Info About the Park & Event
- We have reserved pavilion 3, which is a covered pavilion with picnic tables.
- The hosting organizations will provide the picnic basics: protein for the grill (both meat and vegetarian options), buns, chips, condiments, beverages, as well as plates, cups, napkins, and utensils.
- Guests are asked to bring a favorite picnic / summertime dish or dessert.
- Awards for best casserole / picnic dish and best dessert will be awarded so bring your favorites!
- There will be face painting and balloon animals by Bonbon’s Parties for the kids
- Feel free to bring frisbees, horseshoes, other lawn games, or anything else to add to the festivities.
- The event will be held rain or shine.
- Alcohol is not permitted in the park.
- Bathroom facilities and a playground are located near the pavilion.
- Dogs are welcome as long as they are leashed and cleaned up after.
- The park office is located in Media, but the address of the visitor area is in Newtown Square, PA. Please use the address above for directions, online mapping tools, GPS devices, etc.
About the Hosting Organizations
Philadelphia Metro Chapter of STC’s mission is to improve the quality and effectiveness of technical communication for audiences worldwide. STC is concerned with the education, improvement, and advancement of its members. STC-PMC fills these needs on a local basis through a wide range of activities, including monthly meetings; Special Interest Groups; News & Views, a monthly newsletter; employment and education information; and competitions for technical publications, technical art, and online communications. Learn more at http://wwwstcpmc.org
PhillyCHI is the Philadelphia region’s chapter of the ACM SIGCHI, an interdisciplinary academic and professional group interested in Human-Computer Interaction, User Experience, Usability, and other related disciplines. PhillyCHI holds monthly meetings and socials to network and discuss current topics in HCI. Learn more at phillychi.acm.org
or follow along on Twitter at @PhillyCHI.
The Delaware Valley Chapter of the User Experience Professionals’ Association (UxPA) supports professionals who research, design, and evaluate the user experience of products and services in the Philadelphia metro area. The Delaware Valley UxPA provides business advocacy by serving as an independent and informed voice for user centered design and its related services. It is also offers networking and professional development opportunities for UxPA members in Philadelphia, southern New Jersey, and Delaware. Learn more at http://upadelawarevalley.org
The UX (User Experience) Book Club Philadelphia is a get-together in which people interested in the area of user experience come to discuss a book relevant to the discipline. Learn more at https://www.facebook.com/groups/39614303583