It’s that time of year again! PhillyCHI election time and call for volunteers. Being an officer of PhillyCHI is rewarding as it allows you the opportunity to foster the UX community in Philadelphia while increasing your visibility to the community at large.
As is the custom every year, all four Officer positions are open for nominations. If you are interested or know someone who would do a great job and may want to get involved, we want to hear from you. Help us keep up our great momentum. Nominate yourself or someone you know.
The election form will be posted to our membership channels, which include our Yahoo! group and our LinkedIn group. To vote in the election, you must be a PhillyCHI member and have access to these groups. If you’re not currently a member but you would like to vote in our upcoming election, you can join by filling out our brief membership form: http://phillychi.acm.org/?page_id=119 (There is currently no fee or charge for PhillyCHI membership.)
You are welcome to run for any of the four officer positions.
- The principal officer responsible for leading and setting the direction of PhillyCHI.
- Manages activities in accordance with the policies and procedures of the ACM and its by-laws.
- Presides at all meetings of the Chapter
- Presides at meetings in the absence of the Chair
- Assists the Chair in management of the Chapter
- Performs other duties that may be assigned by the Chair
- Maintains records of Chapters activities and communications.
- Responsible for all print and electronic communication of Chapter meetings and announcements.
- Assists in coordination of meetings and events at direction of Chair or Vice Chair.
- Manages and maintains PhillyCHI website, LinkedIn group, email list, members list, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chair or Vice Chair
- Prepares and submits the annual report to the ACM.
- Collects all dues, sponsorship fees, pays bills and maintains Chapter’s overall financial records.
- Completes and submit the Annual Financial Report to ACM Headquarters
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chair or Vice Chair
Note: To hold an officer position, you must be an ACM SIGCHI member and an ACM member; however, membership is not needed until the start of the 2013 term. All new officers will have the full support of retiring officers throughout the upcoming year,
To nominate yourself or someone you know, email us the following information to email@example.com with the subject line “Nomination” by Monday, December 3rd, 2012:
Reason for nomination:
From Tuesday, December 4, 2012 through Monday, December 10, 2012, we will open up the elections for voting. The nominees’ statements will be posted to phillychi.org for public review, and we will post a message to our Yahoo!, LinkedIn and email lists with instructions on how to vote.
On Thursday, December 13th, 2012, during the PhillyCHI Holiday Social at Buffalo Billiards (2nd and Chestnut), we will announce the new slate of Officers for 2013.
If you can’t run for office, there are plenty of ways to volunteer or sponsor PhillyCHI. Reach out to any of the Officers at any time if you’re available to volunteer or offer sponsorship.
We look forward to 2013 and your help in keeping our great momentum!
Many thanks from your 2012 PhillyCHI Officers,
Dave Cooksey, Matt Thomas, Jacqueline Caddle, Matt Ventre