PhillyCHI & The BOSS Group present Alla Zollers: Are You Designing Your Professional Relationships?
Please join us for an evening with Alla Zollers as she discusses strategies for designing professional relationships.
The BOSS Group will be available before and after Alla’s talk to conduct Portfolio/Resume Reviews for any interested parties. Read below for more information.
Date: Thursday, January 17, 2013
Time: 6:30PM – 8:30PM (Social time 6:30-7:00PM)
Location: The William Way Community Center
1315 Spruce St.
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Phone: (215) 732-2220
Driving directions & parking: http://waygay.org/utilities/directions.asp
About the Presentation
Our job is to be professional communicators. We communicate our thought process through our deliverables, we work to get buy-in for our solutions, we advocate for the end-user, and often act as the translator between the end-user, the business, and development. The biggest challenge that we face as professionals is that our communication is not always effective.
When communication breaks down, confusion and resistance emerge. You suddenly find yourself feeling frustrated, not heard or valued. The key is to set yourself up for success by explicitly designing your relationships with clients, stakeholders, managers, and co-workers. Regardless of your role – be it consultant, agency, or in-house – good working relationships are vital to your success.
The purpose of designing the relationship is to:
- Establish an alliance
- Create a safe space for communication to occur
- Gain mutual trust
- Empower each other and understand how best to work together
In this talk, I will present invaluable exercises, scripts, and questions that you can use to:
- Identify your core values so that you are able to communicate your needs to others and request the same in return
- Vet the next job or project to make sure that its the right fit for you
- Design a relationship with every person on your team – from manager to co-worker – to ensure that you are empowered to do your job and set yourself up for success.
About Alla Zollers
Alla is a passionate UX consultant and coach. Alla has eight years of experience in the UX field helping companies with the entire design process, from discovery research to strategy, wireframe design and evaluation. Alla is also a trained and certified coach who helps people to wake up to their lives so that they will not only have lived the length of their life but the width of it as well.
About Our Sponsor
The BOSS Group is a boutique staffing firm, specializing in the placement of Creative, Interactive and Marketing professionals in both temporary and full-time positions. The BOSS Group will have Recruiters and Account Managers available to talk one-on-one to discuss the following topics:
- How potential candidates should format their resume to gain the attraction of hiring mangers
- What clients are specifically looking for in candidate portfolios and skill sets
- Where to find jobs
- Why it benefits a candidate to partner with a staffing firm in addition to conducting their own search
- What opportunities we are currently recruiting on
If you have any questions about The BOSS Group, you can reach out to Samantha Straube. She’s been with The BOSS Group for three years and has experience working with on both the candidate and client side.
PhillyCHI is the Philadelphia regionʼs chapter of the ACM SIGCHI, an interdisciplinary academic and professional group interested in Human-Computer Interaction, User Experience, Usability, and other related disciplines. PhillyCHI holds monthly meetings and socials to network and discuss current topics in HCI. Learn more at phillychi.org or follow along on Twitter at @PhillyCHI.
Get a free coaching session from Alla, here!